This post will be more about a certain type of guys, rather than a story of one particular date of mine. It is so, because #10 was the perfect example for the ‘meh’ type.
The ‘meh’ type of guys are those ones, who single girls go out with and come back being absolutely unsure whether they want to see them again or not. They’re that kind of men that don’t blow you of your feet; don’t woo you; don’t blow your whistle; don’t crack you cracker; and all that sh**!
After meeting Mr #10 at work and texting for couple of weeks we finally gone out for wining and dining session. Italian’s, where I always had to keep the conversation flowing, were followed by some bar, where third glass of rose was saving me from boredom. After, two hours, three glasses of rose and too many sneak-peaks at my mobile, I said “no” to one more drink and told the guy I’m quite tired and I think I should head home now.
After coming back and sharing experience with my roomies I still could not decide whether I’d go out with him again or not. He was good-looking, paid for the dinner in a decent restaurant he took me to, walked me home and said he would love to see me again.
Did he do anything wrong? Not really… Other than not opening the doors wherever we went; showing more interest in the food than me, when it was just served; failing to keep the conversation flowing and not complimenting me at least for my efforts to look good for him; he was quite a gentleman. He just was a MEH type of guy.
Lessons to be learnt from this story?
To my dear (
nonexistent..? HOPE NOT!) male readership:
- Always compliment a girl, when you’re taking her out. Even if you think she’s wearing too much lip gloss and you don’t like the hair-do… She, most likely, spent half of her day getting ready, so you need to name something you like.
- Always remember that you’ve gone out for a DATE not for a MEAL. If you’ll be more interested in the food than the girl, you will certainly lose her interest too.
- Don’t use your phone while wining and dining! Common sense? Not to everyone. And if there’s something urgent, just apologize and make a quick phone call rather than text your mates with stupid grin on your face.
- Stay super conscious bout your gentleman act at least on the first date! Open the doors for her; don’t leave her walking behind; don’t stare at other women… Many to follow, but you know what I’m on about!
- Show a general interest in her. If you don’t care what she do, what she likes and what’s her pet’s name, you might as well just take out a Barbie: she looks nice too and the date will cost you way less.
To all the single gialz out there:
Unless, you’re 34-year-old, with no potential relationship and desperate for children: don’t settle for a ‘meh’ guy. I know it can be really difficult at times! Even though, I’m 12 years away I usually feel like that 34-year-old (30 on a good day), who just really wants her prince charming to come along so she could start settling down. And if you have to keep yourself intoxicated so to not die of boredom on your first date: I can assure you, he’s not the one!
Hugs and kisses, #believer